Monday, February 22, 2010

Oh No You Didn't, Playboy

Lesson for the day: Ask and ye shall receive. In bountiful numbers.

I said a prayer to the FTN Gods to keep the juices flowing, keep me busy with things to discuss, as this is by far more amusing for me than anyone I know. But dear fucking Vishnu, did you have to open the floodgates of stupidity?

Let me make this very clear, really emphasize it so there is no mistake: partnerships are a waste of time. No one ever intends to stay partnered, it's just something to do for the moment. If I genuinely thought people meant to ever stay partnered, I might think otherwise. But ask yourself, how many people do you know who have been partnered...to the same person...more than once...twice...six times? Having said that, I am still happy for those that seek it.

If you read the last post, you would know that my dear friend Poison was looking forward to planning a wedding to a guy that has yet to pop the question. Well...apparently, something in his dreams told him today was the day. And what did this guy who my friend is so smitten with decide to do to make that moment so extra special? Did he take her to some beautiful secluded location and get down on one knee? NO! Did he leave a ring for her to find atop her pillow? NO! Did he take her dancing, to slip a ring on her finger as he dipped her to the music? NO!

This fucking genius decided it should go something like this...and I quote;

"Marry be baby," and passed her a ring.

Soak that in for a minute. Who does that?

Why does the "baby," make me feel extra dirty...and he didn't even propose to me. Here's a clue for anyone planning on popping that ill fated yet inevitable question: don't be a dickwad and don't half ass it. Go big or go home. Put a little thought into it.

I have officially lost yet another ounce of faith in the essence of romance supposedly found in mankind. Apparently, sweeping your girl...no matter how skanky she is (love you Poi) is out of the question these days huh? Not that I'm into that shit because that would definitely be anti-FTN! But if I were into the muckiness of said romance...WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?

Here's a clue. Free of charge. DON'T bother if you don't care enough to do it right. You fucking assclowns.

FTN! to doing it the wrong way. And yes, it's the wrong way because I fucking said so. And because my friend deserves more than that. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. As a partnering-virgin since SL beginning I agree. Emotional love stories? I rather watch some decent tentacle hentai...Hang out with and cherish yee friends, fuck the good writing cyber-mate if the crotch itches for it, and the rest should just get happy with the icky drama of partnering. Some people really need to wake up and lose a pair of pink glasses.

    ReplyDelete